Friday, March 18, 2011

Meet Logan Rylee Bostrom


Logan Rylee Bostrom was born on Saint Patrick's Day, March 17th, at 8:55pm. She was born with a mop of beautiful brown hair, ten toes, ten fingers, and two wide little blue eyes. I cut the cord and they placed her on Carrie's chest. She was alert, but a little blue so after a few minutes the pediatric doctor put her on the warmer and listened to her little heart with a little pink stethoscope. I saw her exchange looks with Dr. Clarke that said, "there's not much time." Doctor Clarke handed Logan back to us and told us that we probably didn't have long. We hastily called our family members from the waiting room into the small delivery room and gave Logan a name and blessing. I struggled through the blessing, but by the end of it, Logan's blueish skin had turned pink. She was wide awake and calm. The room emptied out and Carrie and I spent a few minutes with Logan on the delivery bed. The doctors told us that she was doing much better, and so we let each of our family members hold her and then had pictures taken. It's now after one o'clock in the afternoon on Friday and our little angel is still with us. She's sleeping on Carrie's chest. She's breastfeeding, sleeping, fussing, and all the things a baby does. You'd never know there was anything wrong with her. As you can see, she is a beautiful baby. The doctors think that she'll live to go home with us tomorrow, and that we may even have a few weeks with her! We are so happy that she was born alive and that she is so content and comfortable. All of this time we've had is such a blessing. We'll take whatever time the Lord will give us. Thank you all so much for all of your thoughts, prayers, and fasting. We are cherishing our miracle.
Thanks, Julie, for the increcible photo. We can hardly wait to see the rest!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a beautiful little girl. I have been praying my whole pregnancy to be worthy of having a current day Nephi, and I know the Lord has given the two of you this blessing. May your time spent together be wonderful and I know you will cherish every moment of being Logan's mother and father. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooo!! Congratulations Carrie, Bryan, and Logan!! What a beautiful little girl!! It gave me goose bumps reading what has occured over the last few hours since she was born. What a miracle!! Words cannot express it enough. Thinking of you guys constantly...
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Angel from Heaven you brought into your family! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and updates with all of us. I am happy to know the Lord is granting your wishes and allowing Logan Rylee more time to get acquainted with her special parents. She is lucky to have you both. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    XOXO - LoRene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little girl! She seriously is the most gorgeous newborn. I have been thinking of you all so much.
    Love,
    Sarah (Lesher) Newman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations guys! I haven't stopped thinking about you and your sweet little girl since last Friday when I read your first post. She looks absolutely perfect and she is so lucky to have such amazing, brave parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been GLUED to the computer today, soaking in every update and photo! I am thrilled that she is fighting to stay with you and Carrie just as long as she can. I hope, in the end, everything is perfect. Thank you for allowing us to share in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an honor it was to spend such a sacred time with you and your sweet little Logan. THANK YOU for allowing me the chance to hold yet another angel. She has a powerful little spirit and she is so loved!

    I'm working on images now....I'm hurrying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so adorable, I know you are cherishing every moment. You three have been constantly in my thoughts (T) today. Much love from Wayne, Tera, and Berk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet beautiful little girl. Our prayers have been answered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Carrie and Bryan. My heart goes out to your perfect little family. Logan is beautiful. Watching my friend go through life with her child (12 yrs. old now) with a CHD has made me so much more aware of heart conditions and defects. I am sorry that Logan's has to be the way it is and your time with her may be short but she will forever be in your hearts. I just wanted you to know of a group that my friend is with IHH http://intermountainhealinghearts.org This is a wonderful group, I know the founder Carolyn. She also lost a little girl due to a CHD. IHH has a wonderful support group, mothers who share their stories and I hope it may help you to find a bit of comfort at this time.
    My thoughts are with you, Carrie(Brown)Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is absolutely beautiful. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear bostrom family, bryan your mom has been a huge part of my life in making me who i am today. i know that i don't know you idividually as well but i want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. i wish you the best and know that the lord will take care of everything. congratulations on your beautiful baby! love, Cara (Christensen) Short

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bryan,

    I know it has been years since I've seen/talked to you, but I found your blog from your sister's facebook post and wanted to let you know that you guys have been and will continue to be in my prayers.

    Brittany Candrian (Richman)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you don't find it strange for me to leave a comment as you have never actually met me. I work for HCS with Bryan but I work odd hours and have never actually met him. I have read your blog and have been touched by your story. Your daughter is beautiful and I'm so thankful that after her name and blessing that the Lord blessed you with some time with her. I pray now that the Lord will bless you with the peace and comfort that you may be so desperately in need of. I pray that a beautiful week of memories and pictures will keep her spirit and memory alive in your heart. Love, hugs and deepest thoughts and prayers for you and your family, - Glorajean Beardall

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete